Spicy Honey Chicken
8 boneless, skinless chicken thighs or breasts (thighs work
better in this recipe than breasts; about 2 lbs.
2 tsp. vegetable oil
Glaze:
½ cup honey
1 Tbs. cider vinegar
Rub:
2 tsp granulated garlic
2 tsp. chili powder
½ tsp. onion powder
½ tsp. coriander
1 tsp. kosher salt
1 tsp. cumin
½ tsp. chipotle chili powder {I just use more chili powder because
I don’t have chipotle chili powder}
1.
Preheat grill to med-high heat or about 400° F. {I just use a fry pan
on the stove when I can’t grill}
2.
Combine rub ingredients in a small bowl. {I
sometimes make a bunch of rub and keep it in a handy little jar for easy
access}
3.
Trim any visible fat off the chicken, rinse, and
pat dry with a paper towel. Drizzle oil over chicken and rub it in with your
hands. Rub the spice rub into the chicken thighs. Grill for 3-5 minutes on each
side.
4.
For the glaze: while chicken is cooking, warm
honey in the microwave for about 15 seconds. Whisk in vinegar. Reserve 2 Tbs.
glaze and brush the rest on the chicken in the final moments of cooking. Remove
chicken from the grill and allow to stand 3-5 minutes. Drizzle reserved 2 Tbs. of
glaze over the chicken while it’s standing.
Great served with rice!


0 comments